October Featured Skater: #437 Audracity
Audracity pushes herself to the limit and has since day one of her journey as a Naptown Roller Girl. This was especially true this past season when she made her Tornado Siren debut! We’re sure you’ll be seeing much more of her in the next seasons to come.
- How long have you been skating with the Naptown Roller Girls?
I made the team in June of 2011–at the age of 40!
- How did it feel to play in your first bout as a Tornado Siren?
Seeing your name for the first time listed on a Tornado Sirens roster is AWE-INSPIRING! It was such an honor to don the black & red striped socks and join the packs of such amazing skaters.
- What advice would you give to anyone curious about trying roller derby?
YOU CAN DO IT! But, I am warning you-you cannot just try it once! You’re going to fall in love with the sport. The best advice I can give is to become a student of the game. Don’t listen to the negative self-talk inside your head. Commit to training, continue to raise your expectations, and KEEP DOING IT!!!
- What is your favorite thing about being a Naptown Roller Girl?
My favorite thing has to be the amazing mix of athletes who, coming from all walks of life, are committed to the league, community, and each other on and off the track.
- What are some activities you enjoy off-skates?
I enjoy riding bikes, my motorcycle, traveling, adventuring, learning new things, writing poetry, cutting it up on the dance floor, serving others, and spending time with my loveable teammates!
- What is your all-time favorite food?
I lived in Seoul, South Korea for one year teaching English and absolutely fell in love with Korean food!